Raze Roshan is a 3rd person shooter, stealth game based on a fictional counter-terrorist agent in series of events, developed by Egloo Studio using Unity game engine.
I joined the project as graphic programmer and worked on the following things:
- Developed a physically based deferred rendering and lighting solution for Unity
- An innovative real-time compressed G-Buffer and illumination buffer supporting more material properties and coloured specular reflections
- Indirect illumination solution based on a mix of reflection probes that are parallax corrected and occluded using voxel ray casts, screen-space directional occlusion using spherical harmonics, screen-space reflections and refractions, and object-space PRT
- Implemented a high performance and flexible texture splatting, mixing up to 4 layers of map sets, used chroma subsampling to reduce texture reads.
- Developed some post-processing effects like bloom and depth of field
I became Gameplay / AI programmer late in the project due to management decisions based on lack of progress in these 2 areas. The gameplay and AI parts of the game were developed from the ground up.
- Implemented AI based on behaviour trees
- Designed a character animation system inspired by Naughty Dog’s work in the Uncharted series, heavily using partial and additive animations
- Implemented full body IK for heat reaction and environment interactions, and chain IK for weapon aiming and dynamic foot placement
The development of the game is finished, however, it is not released yet.